Our dedicated team provides expert advice to guide you through the planning process.
Whether you are a private individual, farmer, estate owner, developer, house builder or landlord, our Planning Services team can take care of the entire process on your behalf.
From building a new home through to new residential developments, listed buildings, extensions, farm buildings and B&Bs, we can offer specialist planning advice and guidance every step of the way.
With a wealth of planning experience, we understand and recognise how to achieve our clients’ goals, working closely with your local council planning department, conservation specialists and others to ensure a successful outcome.
We offer a comprehensive end-to-end planning service that includes:
• Handling initial discussions with the relevant council, before planning submission, to assess the likelihood of securing permission or other consent.
• Co-ordinating the entire planning application, or other application, including appointing the appropriate architect.
• Sourcing other specialists, when required, to increase the chances of a successful outcome.
We can provide initial guidance on how the local council may view your proposal so that you don’t waste time or money on an application that is unlikely to be successful.
In our experience, engaging with the council before any formal application will considerably enhance your chances of a positive outcome and we can manage this process on your behalf.
We can also help you to produce a professional package of plans and supporting documents to create the best possible impression.
During the planning process, we can source, appoint and monitor all specialist consultants, including noise consultants, ecologists, traffic/highways consultants and arboriculturists. We can also help to arrange flood risk assessments and historic and listed buildings surveys/reports.
• Management of the entire planning process, including submission of detailed planning/other applications.
• Submission of detailed planning appeals.
• Land promotion and strategic planning – helping to promote our clients’ land for future development.
• Specialist advice to secure consent for listed buildings, barn conversions and conservation areas.
• Submission of Prior Approval applications for conversion of agricultural buildings to other uses, including Residential, under new (2014) Permitted Development legislation.
• Specialist advice on farm diversification, including tourism and recreational proposals.
• Support with ‘change of use’ applications.
• Sourcing specialists to advise on ecological, highway, noise and other issues.
• Appointing an architect or surveyor with experience of the relevant council.
• Appointing planning barristers.
• Negotiating with council planning officers and speaking at planning committees.
• Engagement with parish/town councils, local district and county councillors.