How you can benefit from a rating review
All non-domestic properties are revalued by the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) on a regular basis and, in today’s volatile market conditions, these valuations should be scrutinised closely.
As the occupier, you have a right of appeal on any rating.
Appeals can be made if the VOA’s assessment cannot be supported by sufficient evidence or if there have been other material changes, such as redevelopment in the locality, during the term of the rating list.
The planned 2015 revaluation has been postponed until 2017. So, it is now even more important to have the rateable value of your property reviewed. Any savings following a successful appeal could benefit your business for up to seven years.
What we offer
At Humberts, our professional rating surveyors can work with you to:
• Review the rateable value and advise on whether an appeal could be successful
• Keep track of any material changes that may necessitate future appeals during the term of the rating list
• Negotiate with the VOA
• Maximise refunds and future savings in rate liability
• Prepare cases for, and attend, any tribunals on your behalf
• Provide advice on rate liability and any relevant reliefs/exemptions