how you can benefit from a rating review
Rural properties, such as farms, are largely exempt from business rates. However, rates may apply if estate buildings are used for any non-agricultural purposes – such as equestrian training, retail (a farm shop or garden centre) or commercial events.
As the occupier, you have a right of appeal on any rating by the Valuation Office Agency.
With a long history of working in the rural sector, we can guide you through the complex legislation in this area and help you to negotiate rating reductions and exemptions.
what we offer
Our professional rating surveyors can work with you to:
• Review the rateable value and advise on whether an appeal could be successful
• Keep track of any material changes that may necessitate future appeals during the term of the rating list
• Negotiate with the Valuation Office Agency
• Maximise refunds and future savings in rate liability
• Prepare cases for, and attend, any tribunals on your behalf