Our dedicated team of professionals can advise on the full spectrum of rural enterprises.
Nowadays, many land owners are looking to diversify by transforming redundant farm buildings into new business opportunities – such as farm shops, holiday cottages and craft workshops.
We have a dedicated team who specialise in rural land consultancy. Our experts can work with you to identify and pursue a wide range of new business opportunities, from initial discussions through to set-up, launch and beyond.
We work with a variety of clients, including landowners and agri-businesses and we have experience on a wide range of projects, from golf courses through to plant nurseries, farm shops, solar parks, landfill, dairy, deer and organic farms, and fisheries.
Our rural teams can help you with:
• Identifying opportunities and conducting feasibility studies
• Selecting a suitable business model (sole trader, joint venture, partnership etc)
• Management advice (staffing, regulatory affairs and PR)
• Advice on finance options and tax implications
• Agri-business consultancy
• Valuations for secured lending
As you plans progress, we can also help you with:
• Town and country planning – advice and representation
• Drawings and plans
• Buildings and works management
• Negotiations and due diligence
• Introducing management systems
We have advised agricultural and farming businesses involved in, or considering an investment in, areas such as:
• Dairy and deer farming
• Large scale-arable farming and grain storage
• Environmental schemes and works
• Woodland and amenity management
• Niche dairy products
• Opening to the public and ‘pick your own’
• Specialist beef production
• Agricultural contracting
We also regularly advise our clients on business diversification from agriculture into new areas, such as the leisure, energy, tourism, food production, retail and equestrian sectors.
Our business consultancy services draw on our broad expertise in areas such as property investment, estate management, farm finance, lettings, planning and development and valuations.
With our integrated approach, we can help you to overcome the challenges, and reduce any risks, involved in running either a start-up or an established business.
Humberts specialise in providing residential, rural and commercial property advice. To find out how we can help you, please get in touch.