Located in the heart of this popular village, Pond House is a most attractive Grade II Listed semi-detached property which we understand was built between 1720 and 1750. It is constructed of white washed sarcen stone and brick, under a tiled roof and presented for sale in very good order, decorated in a mix of contemporary and period style. The front door opens into a hallway leading into a spacious inner hallway which is half wood panelled to dado rail height and from which the two reception rooms open onto. The wood panelled sitting room is of particular note and has stripped wooden floor boards and a feature fireplace with alcove storage. The dining room extension was added in 1992 and being triple aspect is therefore a lovely light bright room with views of the garden. It has an ornate tiled fireplace, a stripped wooden floor and French doors to the courtyard garden. The kitchen has a full range of wall and base units and a double range cooker with a gas hob. There is a cloakroom which incorporates a utility area. A half landing on the stairs has a magnificent feature lead light window and on the first floor there are three bedrooms; one of which the current vendors use as a study and a family bathroom. A second staircase with integral feature shelving leads to a second floor with a large en suite bedroom with views to the rear and plenty of built in eaves storage.
Garden and grounds
There is a small area of garden to the front of this double fronted property planted with climbing plants including roses and wisteria. To the rear is a paved courtyard garden with a weathered brick and wooden fence boundary and raised beds filled with seasonal flowers, mature shrubs and trees, which provides further space for relaxing or entertaining. There is a garden shed and a wooden gate leading to the village road.
Surrounding area and communications
Aldbourne is a sought after and most appealing downland village, situated amidst surrounding unspoilt farmland. It is a traditional village with a Square and village green. Local shops include a Co-operative for day to day needs, a couple of pubs, a primary school and a thriving community with many local and wide-ranging activities. The larger market towns of Marlborough and Hungerford are approximately 8 miles equidistant. Swindon is approximately 7 miles distant with main line railway service to London Paddington in under an hour. Alternative rail services are also available from Hungerford. M4 motorway access to west and east is excellent with Junction 15 approx 7 miles and Junction 14, 10 miles.
From Marlborough proceed out of the town on the A345 towards Swindon. Turn left after Ogbourne St. Andrew signposted to Aldbourne and continue for approximately 4 miles into the village. On arriving in the village bear slightly left and then ahead into The Square. The property can be found very shortly after on the righthand side in between the pond and the hairdressers.