A particularly wonderful two bedroom newly re-thatched cottage armed with unlimited charm, situated in the idyllic village of Tarrant Monkton.
Upon entering the recently re-thatched property, origins date back to the early 1600 s you are welcomed by bags of original charm. In the lounge a distinctive redbrick fireplace and hearth houses the Charnwood wood burner, which is sat upon the original tiles that were part of the working post office in the 1930 s. The current vendors have added tasteful oak window seats at both ends of the room and have kept all the original beams on display. Carrying on through the lounge you will reach an enchanting study/third bedroom overlooking the south facing garden. The show piece of the house is a split level kitchen / diner extension overrun by natural light that floods through the Victorian velux s and the dual aspect window placement,. Handcrafted kitchen cabinets with a generous maple work surfaces and cupboard space are on offer. An electric Rangemaster with five induction hobs will come in handy when entertaining guests in the raised dining area. There is a utility/pantry with space for white goods and a downstairs WC. Upstairs there are two bedrooms and a family bathroom. The second bedroom overlooks the garden and the master bedroom has 2 built in wardrobes and chocolate box views over the village.
A generous garden stemming approximately. 110ft, mainly stock fenced, laid to lawn with mature shrubs and hedges. There are two patio areas; one directly out of the kitchen and one which is at the far end of the garden cleverly raised to make the most of the evening sun. There is also a well-stocked wildlife pond. Old Post Cottage has its own parking area with more than enough space for many vehicles in addition to a detached timber double garage with light and power.
Tarrant Monkton is a highly sought after village in the renowned Tarrant Valley; quite unspoilt it is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and the cottage lies in the village conservation area.
One of eight villages in the valley that take their name from the river Tarrant, it is well away from main roads and traffic noise. The village has a church and a pub/restaurant The Langton Arms. From the village there are footpaths and bridleways close by, with access to superb riding and walking over open countryside.
The nearby Georgian market town of Blandford (6 miles) has a variety of shops, schools, recreational and cultural facilities. Other towns of note include Wimborne, Shaftesbury, Sherborne, Dorchester, Poole, Bournemouth and the cathedral city, Salisbury all within easy motoring distance.
Mains electric and water, Oil fired central heating and private drainage. Grade II listed.