Old Red Lion comprises the principal portion of what was originally a village inn converted into residential units in 1998.. The building is believed to date from around 1830, is Listed Grade II and is built of natural stone under slate roofs with an elegant front façade and double hung sash casement windows throughout. The house has excellent ceiling heights and well proportioned rooms, the majority of which take full advantage of the southerly aspect at the front. Both the drawing room and dining room have elegant and heavily carved fireplace surrounds – it is thought that an open fire could be re-installed in the dining room and the drawing room has moulded cornicing and decorative plasterwork and a large bay window. Double doors lead from the dining room to a useful orangery which overlooks the attractive walled garden. The kitchen/breakfast room is well fitted with a good range of cupboards and drawers, worktops and space for a dishwasher with an integrated fridge/freezer. There is a Stanley range which provides domestic hot water, central heating and cooking facilities. There is also a good sized cloakroom with WC. On the first floor bedroom 1 has a dressing area with built in wardrobes and an en suite bathroom and there are two further double bedrooms, one of which is presently used as a study, and a family bathroom.
There is a small graveled front garden with flower beds and the principal area of garden lies to the rear of the house, which is walled on all sides providing privacy and seclusion. A paved terrace adjoins the rear of the building adjacent to which is a small water feature with waterfall (created from a spring fed well). The garden is lawned with well stocked shrub borders. There is a single garage with workbench with plumbing for washing machine below and a mezzanine storage area over.