3 Main Double Bedrooms, Occasional Bedroom 4/Dressing Room/Study, 2 Shower Rooms, Sitting/Dining Room, Family/Garden Room, Kitchen, Utility, Reception Hall, Front Hall. Gas-Fired Central Heating. UPVC Sealed Unit Windows. West Facing Rear Garden. Summerhouse. Detached Double Garage. Front & Rear Parking.
This very impressive house should be viewed to fully appreciate the many excellent features. Under the current ownership since circa 2000, it has been subject to extensive enlargement, alteration and upgrading to a very high standard. The house is understood to have been privately built in circa 1946 and has rendered and colour washed elevations. The well presented accommodation is arranged over 3 floors and enjoys lovely views both to the front and rear over the surrounding countryside and hills including to the well known viewpoint of Eggardon. The many well-appointed features include:-
* Gas-Fired Central Heating
* UPVC Sealed Unit Windows/Doors
* PVC Panels
* Large Through Sitting/Dining Room
* Contemporary Family/Garden Room with bi-folding doors and roof lantern
* Modern Contemporary Fitted Kitchen with Stoves stainless steel electric double oven, 5 burner gas hob, cooker hood and integrated dish washer
* Water softener
* Attractive contemporary fully tiled downstairs wet room and first floor shower room (former bathroom)
* 3 Double bedrooms plus a dressing room, study or occasional bedroom 4
* Detached Double Garage with annexe potential (plans have been drawn up for a conversion to provide bedroom, en suite shower room and kitchen/living room)
* Attractive Landscaped West Facing Rear Garden
There is rear vehicular access leading to
DETACHED DOUBLE GARAGE Power & light. Inspection pit.
REAR COURTYARD/PARKING AREA (subject to a right of way to the neighbouring property).
To the front are 2/3 parking spaces and a lawned front garden with side pedestrian access. The rear garden is good sized and attractively laid out with large adjoining paved terrace, areas of lawn, flower/shrub borders, timber decking and a
DETACHED SUMMERHOUSE/WORKSHOP. Power & light.
The property is well located at the end of a small no through road set back off St Andrews Road just to the north of the town. It is very conveniently situated within easy walking distance of the town centre as well as a whole range of local amenities including Bridport County Primary School and The Sir John Colfox Secondary School. The area is designated of one of Outstanding Natural Beauty and there is access to the attractive river meadows. The Co-Op and Lidl supermarkets are both just a few minutes' walk away.
The harbour at West Bay and the World Heritage coast is approximately 2 miles to the south whilst the larger centres of Dorchester, Yeovil and Weymouth are all within about 30 minutes driving distance with main line railway services to London.