Knapp House has a date stone 1885 and is a typical Victorian house of this age with natural stone elevations with brick dressings under slate roofs. The house has many characteristics associated with houses of this type and age including well proportioned rooms with excellent ceiling heights, picture rails, moulded cornices in the principal rooms, an impressive marble fireplace in the sitting room, cast iron fireplaces, large windows and tall wainscots. In the present ownership for the last 30 years, the property is a comfortable family home with excellent accommodation ideal for family life together with delightful and secluded front and rear gardens. The accommodation is arranged over two floors with two reception rooms, a study and kitchen with Aga together with a superb conservatory overlooking the garden on the ground floor and four bedrooms – three doubles and a single – on the first floor together with an en suite bathroom adjoining bedroom 1 and a family bathroom on the first floor. From the first floor rooms, particularly those at the front of the house, there are superb views over parts of the village to wooded hills beyond.
The gardens are a particular feature of the property, being extremely well maintained with areas of lawn interspersed by well stocked and colourful herbaceous, rose and shrub beds and inset with specimen trees including cherry. A paved terrace and decking area adjoins the rear of the house bordered by a raised herbaceous border with pond. Summerhouse and garden shed. The property is approached via a long driveway, the first part of which is shared, leading to a detached double garage and parking for several cars.