Tower house is understood to have been built in 1848 for the first Doctor to serve in the Gillingham area. The Tower room affords wonderful far reaching views across the edge of Gillingham and on to the countryside beyond. In the past the local hunt would have been observed from here ensuring the occupants had a bird's eye view. Now the house stands proudly on Queen Street and is very much a land mark in the town.
Internally the grandeur of the house is clearly evident with 2 large reception rooms both retaining much of their original character and charm. The impressive reception hall has a decorative arch which leads to the splendid staircase and Kitchen/breakfast room.
From the kitchen a door leads to the basement which could be amended to offer a self-contained annex. Currently this space comprises a gym, cinema/family room and Laundry/Utility area. There is also 2 wine cellars and below one of the windows is the original "Meat Trough" where the Butcher would have made his deliveries in the past.
On the first floor there is a master bedroom with ensuite, three further bedrooms and a family bathroom with separate cloakroom.
The second floor has 2 more bedrooms both offering ideal retreats for teenage children or grandchildren.
The final room in the house is the Tower Room, which is a wonderful oasis away from the hub hub of the main house where you can sit peacefully and enjoy the views.
To the side of the house there is a double garage and driveway offering ample off-road parking for several vehicles. The main garden has been carefully landscaped to create a low maintenance space which is ideal for barbecues and alfresco dining as it is easily accessed from the kitchen. In addition there is an enclosed lawed garden which runs round the front and side of the house.