Milford Cottage is a very attractive and well appointed detached period style house. It was purchased off plan, by the current owners in 1999, and was built to their bespoke requirements with a whole number of alterations and extras (it was originally designed with 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms). The property is traditionally constructed with natural hamstone elevations under a predominantly thatched roof. The accommodation is very well proportioned, well presented and has plenty of natural light, facing predominantly south to the rear, with great views over the surrounding countryside overlooking the River Asker valley and Boarsbarrow Hill.
The many excellent features and specifications include:-
* Oil-fired under floor central heating throughout (except the garden room which has electric underfloor heating)
* Traditional timber sealed unit windows
* Solid oak front door
* Numerous superb character style features including a brick and beamed fireplace to the sitting room, solid oak pillars and natural brick work between hallway and the dining room, exposed beams, cottage doors and an inglenook style fireplace to the kitchen
* Quality kitchen with solid oak fronted units, AEG electric oven, AEG integrated fridge, AEG, integrated dishwasher and oil fired Aga
* Ground floor cloakroom refurbished in 2016
* Newly refurbished en suite shower room with large walk in shower and ' His and Hers' wash basins
* Attractive family bathroom with separate shower and 'Jack & Jill' doors
* Extensive fitted bedroom furniture to the principal bedroom
* Superb octagonal garden room designed and built by the well respected local craftsman Minster Joinery
* Wessex Alarm System and external security lights
* Professional landscaped gardens south facing to the rear
* The thatch was re-ridged in 2014
* Kinetico water softener and Triflow filter drinking water
* Double garage with remote control doors and driveway for 4 cars and doors to Boot Room and Garden
* Garden water tap and external electric socket
On the ground floor a pillared thatch porch leads to a very spacious reception hall with double built in cloak cupboard, newly refurbished cloakroom, double aspect sitting room with attractive fireplace, dining room with oak pillars and brick features, study, a truly stunning octagonal garden room with high ornate timber beamed vaulted ceiling, well appointed kitchen/breakfast room with solid oak units, built in appliances and Aga, utility room with solid oak units and large boot/freezer/boiler room with door to garage.
On first floor there is a long landing with built-in airing and wardrobe cupboards, large double aspect principal bedroom with extensive range of furniture and good sized en suite recently refurbished with walk in shower and 'His & Hers' wash basins, second bedroom with built-in wardrobes and direct access to the family bathroom/shower room with 'Jack & Jill' doors and a good sized third bedroom.
Milford Cottage enjoys a courtyard style setting and is approached over a private brick paved area (jointly owned with the 2 other neighbouring properties) onto its own large driveway with parking for 4 cars and
ATTACHED DOUBLE GARAGE Remote control twin roller doors. Power & light.
The owners have paid considerable attention to the gardens with extensive and well planned landscaping and planting. The front garden features a circular brick edged lawn with gravel areas, heathers and rockery together with a side pedestrian gate. The rear garden enjoys the lovely south facing aspect and is very private with excellent country views. Immediately adjoining is a large paved terrace, gravelled pathways, good sized areas of lawn, well stocked raised shrub and flower beds. SUMMERHOUSE To the western side is an additional terrace and informal gardens down to the village lane.
Milford Cottage occupies a very peaceful location within the village of Loders and enjoys a south facing rear aspect with delightful views. Loders is a very picturesque and highly sought after Conservation village, which is well known for its pretty hamstone cottages and has a public house, church, village hall, primary school and playing fields. The immediate area is designated as being one of outstanding natural beauty and there are numerous footpaths giving access to the beautiful countryside and walks along the River Asker.
The thriving Georgian market town of Bridport is only about 3 miles to the east providing excellent shopping and business facilities, together with an arts centre, cinema and large leisure centre with swimming pool. The beautiful World Heritage coast, known as the Jurassic Coast, is a further one mile at West Bay where there is a picturesque harbour, bathing beaches, Bridport and West Dorset Golf Course and the South West Coastal path with stunning clifftop walks.
The larger centres of Dorchester, Yeovil and Weymouth are all within 20-30 minutes' driving distance with mainline rail services to London and the West Country.