Grade II listed family house built in circa 1855 by the Revd
Christopher Cleobury, M.A. a fellow of Pembroke College Oxford and Rector of Lydiard Millicent. A notable feature of the house is the stained glass window on the main staircase bearing the coat of arms of Pembroke College. The current owners have sympathetically restored the house to an extremely high standard and it is full of charm and character with a wealth of period details which includes fireplaces, wood burning stoves, shutters and flagstone floors with underfloor heating. The ground floor accommodation lends itself to entertaining with extremely versatile rooms and a particular feature of the house is the spacious Smallbone kitchen/breakfast/family room with adjacent playroom.
There is a cellar which currently has planning permission to create additional accommodation. The Master Bedroom suite has wonderful views over the gardens and paddock along with distant country views over the Marlborough Downs. The house is complemented by five further double bedrooms and numerous bathrooms.