High Winnard is a very impressive and well-appointed detached character style house offering excellent quality accommodation and landscaped gardens with breath-taking coastal views. The original house dates back to the 1940's and under the current ownership since 2003 has been subject to extensive and sympathetic enlargement and refurbishment to a very high standard. The substantial improvements included a large 2 storey extension, a rear extension, part re-modelling of the layout and re-roofing. The house has been cleverly designed with all of the principal rooms taking advantage of the fabulous coastal aspect. The accommodation is well proportioned and presented throughout.
The many excellent features include:-
* Modern gas fired central heating (under floor to kitchen/breakfast room, utility and shower room) with pressurised hot water system.
* Quality UPVC sealed unit windows.
* PV Panels providing excellent income.
* Handmade quality kitchen with granite worktops, breakfast bar and comprehensive appliances (Siemens twin ovens incorporating microwave & warming drawer De Dietrich electric induction hob, warming drawer and Elica cooker hood plus Beko integrated fridge).
* Jurassic limestone flooring to the kitchen/dining room.
* Large utility room with feature roof lantern and sky tube.
* Character features including bay windows and minster stone open fireplace.
* Solid maple stairs.
* Solid maple internal doors.
* Water softener.
* Attractive bathroom and shower room fittings.
* Substantial modern detached double garage/workshop.
* Extensive landscaped gardens and quality stone paved patios.
GARDENS AND GROUNDS
The property enjoys very attractive landscaped and well stocked gardens.
The house is approached through double 5 bar gates onto a large tarmac driveway with turning and parking facilities.
DETACHED DOUBLE GARAGE/WORKSHOP. A substantial building specifically designed for car/boat/sail storage with 2 RSJ's and extensive loft space. Power & light. Remote control roller door.
The gardens are terraced and cleverly designed with lots of areas of interest.
To the front of the house is a large tropical garden with a whole number of tropical plants, 2 palm trees and a rockery. Steps lead up to a full width paved terrace with balustrades. To the side a large terrace with and electric awning. Beyond is a lawn together with raised well stocked borders and steps lead up to a high terrace with pergola taking in the breath-taking coastal views. Below the lawn is a vegetable patch, timber shed and quality Gabriel Ash Greenhouse (endorsed by the RHS).
* Principal Twin Aspect Bedroom with Juliet balcony, en suite shower room and dressing room
* Second Bedroom with En Suite Shower Room
* 2 Further Double Bedrooms, Family Bathroom
* 3 Reception Rooms
* Kitchen/Dining Room
* Back Hall/Utility
* Cloakroom/Shower Room
* Reception Hall.
* Many excellent modern features
* Gas-Fired Central Heating
* Substantial Detached Double Garage/Workshop
* Extensive Parking
* Landscaped Gardens & Grounds
* In all about ¼ acre
High Winnard is well located at the end of Coram Avenue, a popular no through private road of good quality individual properties and enjoys a sunny elevated position with truly stunning 180° panoramic sea views along the Jurassic Coast to Portland - taking in the well-known viewpoints of Stonebarrow, Golden Cap (the highest cliff in the South of England), West Bay and Chesil Beach and also over Lyme Regis and the surrounding countryside.
Lyme Regis is a picturesque and historic coastal town famous for The Cobb and harbour. The town retains numerous historic buildings and offers good shopping, business and leisure facilities. It is located on the stunning World Heritage Coastline known as the Jurassic Coast and the immediate locality is designated as being one of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Lyme Regis is a thriving community with cinema, theatre, arts, jazz and fossil festivals plus sailing and boating activities.
At nearby Axminster there is a main line service to London and the historic market town of Bridport is within only about 20 minutes drive to the east. The larger centres of Exeter and Taunton are both within only about 45 minutes driving distance.
THE AGENT SAYS
"High Winnard must enjoy one of the top coastal views in West Dorset". Martin Bowen-Ashwin, Director, Humberts, Bridport.