A beautiful Grade II listed house set in beautiful grounds of circa 7 acres.
Egwood House is a fine detached property built of Hamstone elevations under a slated roof. The property was originally constructed in the 19th Century and has been owned by the current vendors' family since 1890. Two substantial wings were added to the property in the Edwardian era and now this beautiful house is offered for sale for the first time and requires a programme of modernisation which would enhance an already beautiful family home.
On the ground floor is a wide entrance hall with quarry tiled floor, cloakroom and doors into all reception rooms. The drawing room and dining room over look the gardens, the drawing room is double aspect with an open fireplace and the dining room also has an open fireplace. Adjacent to the dining room is a Butlers pantry and to the front of the property are two further receptions rooms, the double aspect smoking room with fine Edwardian fireplace with Jet Master fire and a an office with capped fireplace. Also on the ground floor is a kitchen with breakfast/dining area; the kitchen has a tiled floor, wooden units with two ovens and grills, dishwasher, hob and a spiral staircase that leads to a bedroom suite above. Adjacent to the kitchen is a lobby with plumbing and storage cupboards and door leading out to the courtyard.
On the first floor are six bedrooms; a large family bathroom and secondary bathroom with adjacent WC. Some rooms have basins and the majority have beautiful views over the gardens, paddocks and countryside beyond.