4 Allington Terrace is an attractive and deceptively spacious town cottage built in 1903 with natural stone faced elevations with brick details under a slate roof. The very well presented accommodation is arranged over 3 floors and features a split level open plan sitting room and dining room. The host of character features include sash windows, panelled doors, original fireplace in the sitting room, mosaic tiling to the lobby, stripped pine doors, exposed floorboards, ornate cornices and window shutters.
Under the current ownership since 2011 an extensive and sympathetic programme of improvements have been carried out to a very high standard including:-
* Re-roofing plus insulation
* Re-pointing and re-lining of the chimney
* Fitting of PV roof solar panels
* Installation of wood burner
* New power shower to bathroom
* Upgrading of the electrics
* New fitted kitchen with granite worktops (Rangemaster cooker range available by separate negotiation)
* New gas-fired central heating boiler plus immersion heater
* Overhauling of the sash windows and quality integral secondary double glazing
* Extensive re-decoration and painting of the floorboards (part with Farrow & Ball)
* Extensive landscaping and planting to the gardens
An internal inspection of this lovely home is recommended by the sole agents to fully appreciate the excellent features.
The Cottage is set slightly elevated and back from the road with a small area to the front.
The lovely rear gardens are a particular feature being very long, extremely well stocked and arranged over several levels. There are areas down to lawn, together with a whole variety of shrubs, plants and trees plus SUMMERHOUSE with power & light and timber decking designed to take full advantage of the far reaching views over Bridport town and the surrounding countryside.
At the far end is a small vegetable garden.