Dating from the mid 19th Century with later addition, West Wall has been in the same ownership since 1954. It has a timewarp feel with a fine atmosphere and charm. Qualities of the house include handsome fireplaces, picture rails, sliding sash windows, elegant proportions, verandah and French windows in the dining room and reception hall, all set within a delightful mature garden protected by a long wall along North Road, West Wall is a real oasis in the town centre. It does need refurbishment and modernisation but given the quality of its site so close to the town centre, it has potential to be one of the finest houses in the town.
Stone pillars flank an entrance drive leading to the rear of the house where there is an open fronted garage and a small range of domestic outbuildings. Adjacent to the parking area is a stone and tile former stables.
The gardens stretch principally to the south and west and as to be expected are mature and well stocked. The western most section encompasses a productive kitchen garden. In all the gardens and grounds to extend to 0.673 of an acre.