Naydon Farm is located between the villages of Keinton Mandeville and Lydford on Fosse, enjoying a quiet, yet easily accessible rural setting with stunning panoramic views over the adjoining countryside and towards Glastonbury Tor. The nearby market town of Castle Cary provides an excellent range of shopping and cultural facilities, and the property is within easy reach of the A37, A303 and M5 motorway as well as the mainline railway link to London Paddington at Castle Cary. The area is renowned for having an excellent range of schools including King’s, Sunnyhill and Sexey’s at Bruton, Millfield at Street and Hazlegrove at Sparkford.
Situated in a quiet yet accessible rural location, Naydon Farm offers potential purchasers the rare opportunity to acquire an established equestrian centre serviced by extensive equestrian facilities including a floodlit outdoor school, stabling and grass gallops all positioned within up to 19 acres of productive pasture within a ring fence. A further 31 acres or so are available separately.
Constructed of local stone under a tiled roof, Naydon Farmhouse was completed to a very high standard with the principal rooms benefitting from excellent views. The property is approached from the principal gated entrance via a sweeping driveway leading to a parking area at the front of the farmhouse. Accommodation comprises:
• Spacious entrance hall
• Bespoke kitchen with granite work tops and range cooker
• Dining room with doors to the rear garden
• Triple aspect sitting room with stone fireplace
• Utility/rear hall
• Shower room and WC off
• Galleried landing
• Master bedroom with en-suite shower room and fitted cupboards
• Two further bedrooms both with fitted cupboards
• Family bathroom
The farmhouse is serviced by an Air Source Heat pump with underfloor heating throughout.
Outside the property enjoys a good sized lawned garden separated from the adjoining paddocks by post and rail fencing. A second drive serving the equestrian facilities continues up and around to the rear of the farmhouse to provide access to the main yard.
Adjoining the stable yard is a timber cabin providing staff accommodation comprising:
• Open plan kitchen/dining and living area
• Four bedrooms (one of which has en-suite facilities)
1. Principal stable building providing 13 Derby House stables with rubber matting set around a central yard with concrete surround and adjoining lawn
2. Adjoining the stabling is the yard office block providing:
• Classroom and office
• WC and disabled WC
• Shower and changing room facilities
• Wash bay and solarium
• Feed room
• Secure tack room
• Kitchen and staff room
3. Further timber stable building providing 5 loose/pony boxes
4. Mono-pitch block and fibre cement services store
5. Timber/pole fodder store with part Yorkshire board cladding
6. Machinery store of steel portal frame construction with box profile steel cladding with adjoining hardstanding for lorry/trailer parking
7. Outdoor all weather arena (60m x 22m) with floodlights
The land extends the holding in all to nearly 19 acres. There are two further pasture enclosures extending to about 31 acres available by separate negotiation.