Built in 1826 the property historically served the village as the shop and post office; constructed of mellow brick elevations beneath a slate tiled roof. It retains many features which one would associate with a property of this age; high ceilings, architraves, sash windows and fireplaces. The present owners have enhanced the whole property, it now offers a very stylish, light and spacious accommodation set over three floors excluding the cellar - the total square footage is approximately 3395 ft. Adjoining the house to the rear is a two storey brick built barn (unconverted)'; this offers purchasers even more scope to either increase the size of the house, alternatively adapt into ancillary accommodation, hobbies or home office (subject to the necessary planning permissions). The property has recently had an overhaul of its central heating and now benefits from a new boiler and system.
The house is conveniently located within the village with side access to the rear and a detached Double Garage.
The gardens are a special feature to this house with a paved terrace leading from the garden room, a private and delightful place to sit; a few steps lead down to the garden. The garden has been completely transformed with extensive sweeping lawns down to the river, various mature plants, shrubs, fruit and specimen trees planted.There are steps down to the River for easy of access. There are many areas to sit and take in the beauty of the River Stour. There is a right to fish.