An attractive, attached period home, one half of a former manor house with a fascinating history. Built in 1918, the Canadian Air Force were stationed here during World War Two. It was also previously the home of the famous Cambridge Spy, Donald Maclean, who defected to Russia in 1951, one year before the house was divided into two properties. Many original features remain and the house benefits from high ceilings, bright and spacious accommodation throughout as well as a number of outbuildings and a very attractive plantsmans garden which extends to over an acre.
The front door opens into a generous reception room with a door leading to the garden and a useful study area. From here, an inner hallway has stairs leading to the first floor, an understairs cupboard and doors lead to the reception rooms. The sitting room is a lovely room with a large window overlooking the garden and a feature fireplace. The dining room overlooks the front and has a serving hatch to the butlers pantry, which still has the original fitted furniture. The kitchen/breakfast room has been extended with a vaulted ceiling above the dining table. The kitchen is fitted with a range of modern wall and base units with a granite worktop incorporating a sink unit with space for appliances. There is an original built in larder cupboard and a cloakroom completes the ground floor accommodation.
On the first floor there are three double bedrooms and three bathrooms including one en-suite. The master bedroom has a splendid view of the garden and a built-in study area. On the second floor is another double bedroom overlooking the garden with an en-suite bathroom. There is also a useful loft room currently used for storage.
Outside the garden is a most delightful feature of the property and likely to appeal to enthusiastic gardeners and families alike. The property is approached down a long private drive from the road. Running adjacent to the house is a raised terrace overlooking the main garden which is laid to lawn with a variety of mature shrubs and plants providing colour and seclusion. There is a large detached garage with plenty of additional parking and two further outbuildings. One has been converted into a home office with a library, the other extends to over 28 and is currently used as a music room/gym. The garden extends to over an acre and adjoins Parkwood Golf course on two sides.