IN THE OWNERS WORDS
"I moved into the property about 10 years ago, it is a short level walk into the city of Truro. The houses in Ferris Town were built in the mid 1800's. They were built as detached houses with plots in between. As the plots got built on in the 1800's this then formed a terrace as it is today. There is a large loft space which could be converted with necessary planning/building regulations. The house has a pleasant rear walled court yard."
Built in the mid-19th century this Georgian town house is found within the heart of the city and is positioned conveniently within walking distance to the main line Train Station. The kitchen has been extensively refurbished, now offering a fabulous modern kitchen and utility room this spacious house offers great city living.
The entrance vestibule has a beautiful stained glass feature above the inner door and leads to the reception hallway giving access to the dining room, living area and kitchen. Both the Dining room and sitting room are of a generous size and both a dual aspect with large windows to both the front and rear allowing alot of light to flow into the rooms. The extended kitchen/breakfast room is a great addition to the property with a high ceiling, sky lights and side window this room is light, airy and spacious. Designed with full height cupboards, fitted double oven and centre island with electric hob and further cupboard space. The room has been fitted with neutral coloured tiles throughout which carry through to the handy utility room at the end which also incorporates a WC. Returning to the hallway, the original staircase with a large Georgian style multi-paned window leads to the 2 bedrooms and the former third bedroom that has been converted into a spacious bathroom, fitted with a modern bathroom suite.
To the rear, there is fully enclosed courtyard style garden which is accessed from the kitchen door. A large raised flower bed runs the full length of the courtyard and the end has a large Fig tree. To the front of the property there is a small area which has been planted with various shrubs and is enclosed by a low wall and pedestrian gate.
The property sits in a terrace developed in the 1820-40s with a mix of subtle and modest terrace housing in a distinctive, high-quality Cornish Regency style. Later elements were the mid-19th century Church, Chapel, School and Vicarage, monumental railway viaduct and the beautiful Victorian public gardens, which are only a short walk away.
As well as its cathedral, with its distinctive spires, Truro is well-known for its excellent Georgian architecture (widely regarded as the best example west of Bath), its cobbled streets, vibrant shopping centre and well-stocked farmers markets. The city is also very popular for its excellent restaurants, cafes and bistros.
Just nine miles from the south coast of Cornwall with its sandy beaches and breath-taking scenery, Truro lies on the confluence of the rivers, Kenwyn and Allen which form the Truro river that leads into the River Fal and then on to the large natural harbour of Carrick Roads. Within easy access to the A30 and the advantage of a mainline rail link to London Paddington, Truro is well positioned within the county.
Mains gas connection, mains drainage and mains sewage. Council Tax band C. The property sits within a conservation area. Permit parking available