The Lake District’s most popular visitor destination, Bowness sits on the shore of England’s largest Lake and has become a year round hotspot for tourists from all corners of the globe.
The Victorian influence remains in the grand homes and hotels, built for the wealthy businessmen of the time, many now converted into apartments. This bustling resort is awash with interesting retail outlets and a host of cafes, bars and restaurants serving international cuisine.
The second home market in the town is very buoyant and successful properties achieve excellent levels of bookings and income through well-established holiday rental companies. The long-term rental market in Bowness is also very good as is the commercial market for Bed and Breakfast, small hotels and retail units. Humberts have been successful in selling a range of properties in the town and securing tenants for several commercial units.
The World’s newest UNESCO World Heritage Site, Bowness is a great place to live, work and bring up a family. Key employers locally are Lakeland, Windermere Steamers and of course the numerous luxurious hotels and self-catering industry and excellent schooling for all key stages is available.
- Brockhole Visitor Centre – experience the Tree Top Trek, a great day out for the whole family
- The famous Windermere Lake Steamers – glide along Windermere and take in the stunning scenery of the surrounding fells
- Windermere Jetty Museum – a superb new attraction displaying a unique collection of historic vessels and record breaking speed boats
- Fell Foot Park – a stunning, family friendly park set right on the shores of Windermere
- The World of Beatrix Potter exhibition – see the much loved tales come to life
Live in Bowness-on-Windermere
3 bedroom house for sale in Black Beck Wood, Bowness On Windermere, Cumbria, LA23
Offers in the Region of £695,000