- Private Parking
- Double Garage
- This wonderful 19th C. cottage has undergone a full renovation and been extended with great style and detail by the current owners to create a remarkable and spacious family home. Now perfectly modified for modern day living.
- There are many retained characterful features, but new additions include underfloor heating throughout, Anderson engineered oak windows, Tesla charging point, private bore hole, air source heat pump, beautiful garden room, stunning kitchen, landscaped gardens, double garage with studio over.
- Whilst enjoying a peaceful rural setting and views, this property also benefits from a most convenient location, just 0.2miles from the centre of the village.
- All 4 bedrooms are generously sized and boast vaulted ceilings and exposed oak beams.
- There is a well-appointed shower room en-suite for the master bedroom which also has double doors to a raised patio in the rear garden.
- The ground floor offers great space and versatility with four separate reception rooms: Sitting room with wood burner adding a classic cosy cottage feel leading through to a study area or lovely spot for a couple of armchairs in front of another wood burner. There is an additional sitting room/dining room from the semi-open plan kitchen. And off the kitchen is the garden room, a single storey extension which offers great light and beyond, houses a utility room and w/c.
- There is a wonderful array of garden areas to enjoy. Firstly, an open level area to the front and side which currently accommodates a number of railway sleeper planters plus a greenhouse but is a great space for patio and lawn for the less green fingered.
- Behind the property are a few tiers of garden offering multiple seating areas making the rural views better and better. At the top of the plot, with the best of the views is one of the finest tree houses we have seen see it to believe it!
- There is parking in front of a double garage with electric roller doors, Tesla charging point and self contained studio/office over. The studio is currently used as an office and is very well-appointed with a fitted kitchen, shower room and spacious open plan area and a private access.
SERVICES & COUNCIL TAX
Photovoltaic Solar Panels, private water via a bore hole, private drainage via a septic tank, air source heat pump fuelled underfloor heating throughout. Council Tax Band - D
Conveniently just a few hundred yards from the centre of the Chacewater, there are variety of great amenities in this thriving village within walking distance of this home; a Primary school and Stepping Stones pre-school, convenience store, bakery, choice of pubs, village hall and surgery. There is also a nearby gym, bowling club and garden centre as well as easy access to the Mineral Tramways Cycle Routes which explores the rugged Cornish landscape steeped in mining history. The village location provides convenient access to the A30 (2 miles), North Coast and Truro (both 5 miles) as well being on a good bus route.
The nearby Cathedral city of Truro contains both national and independent retailers, supermarkets and a choice of private and public sector schooling A bus route at the entrance to the site provides easy access to Truro & Penwith College for higher and further education, also on this route is the Royal Cornwall Hospital and nearby Truro Golf Club.
Truro is an excellent central location to easily enjoy the whole county with the sandy beaches of either coast approx. 10 miles away. Closer still are a plethora of Creekside villages to explore, especially for keen water sport and sailing enthusiasts, the likes of Loe Beach, Feock and Mylor are a hive of activity.
Truro Railway Station, connects with Falmouth and is also on the mainline to London Paddington while Newquay Airport (20 miles) provides regular scheduled flights to national airports now including Heathrow as well as international destinations.